Extracts from our Uniform Policy (see here for the full policy)
Our school uniform is smart, easy to wash and enables pupils to access all areas of the curriculum easily and comfortably.
We believe that it:
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging to the school
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Prevents children being distracted from their learning by concerns about the latest fashion
- Ensures that no children are restricted from any aspects of the curriculum by their choice of clothes
- Provides equal opportunities regardless of pupils’ culture, race, religion, gender, disability or ability.
It also generates a sense of pride in appearance which reflects the high standards that we encourage as a school.
Items of uniform with the school logo can be bought from the school office including sweatshirts, fleeces, polo shirts. Please pop along and ask. We also sell fine-point permanent markers so that parents can write names onto clothes labels.
Boys and Girls :-
Indoor: Dark Blue/Black shorts, white t-shirt and plimsolls.
Outdoor: Tracksuit bottoms and/or sweat shirts in cold weather
Change of footwear (essential) - trainers are ideal
We expect our children to be active in the playground.
They need to have footwear that will allow them to safely run, jump, climb and chase on hard and grassy surfaces amongst lots of other children. For this reason, we don’t encourage ‘crocs’ or flimsy sandals which invariably lead to an increase in playground injuries. To avoid blisters, we also expect children to wear socks or tights with their shoes.
Please make sure it:
- Encloses the feet
- Provides support under the feet
- Is low heeled
- Is black (completely black trainers are fine as long as there is a change of footwear for PE)
The wearing of all jewellery, including ear-rings is strongly discouraged as it is unnecessary and can be dangerous in certain school situations.
The two exceptions are bracelets or necklaces identifying children with specific medical needs; and a sensible sized watch (one that could not cause injury in the playground).
Should a pupil have pierced ears, single plain studs only should be worn and in order to comply with health and safety regulations, must be removed during all PE activities.
Please note that the school are unable to take any responsibility for removing or reinserting ear studs, or for locating lost studs.
Stakesby uniform is available from Tesco here:
Tesco will donate 5% of sales on all products bought from their schools’ webpages directly back to us!